The past month (two, actually) has been tough. Despite the fact that I've been working hard, the progress has been excruciatingly slow. As impatient as my patients are for me to start, I am doubly so. On top of the delays, I haven't been able to get a good idea of meeting deadlines.
Fortunately, that has recently changed. I can give report several fronts.
The first (obvious) update is the unveiling my new website! Besides the spiffy new look, I have put a lot of content up. Be sure to look around, click on links, and learn about what's up with the practice!
The second update is on the building, and the news is not quite as good. As of now, the opening date of my office is still unclear. Apparently, doing any construction work on a medical office draws in building inspectors like cats to a can of tuna. Inspectors mean delays, and delays mean a frustrated doctor.
So here's where things stand:
- The office should open somewhere between the last week of January and the 1st week of February, although that is still not entirely clear.
- Once the opening date is firm, I will start communicating with patients about their status.
Let me reiterate that until my office opens:
- I can't give any medical care to anyone.
- If you have prescriptions due or medical questions, you need to get them handled somewhere else.
- Even when my office is accepting patients, I can't do anything for you until you are notified, registered, and I've filled out your initial intake.
I am sorry for all of the trouble this has caused for many of you. I really, really want to get things going and show you just how much better health care can be. The only silver lining in this is that I've been able to put a lot more work into giving some really great services from the day I open my doors.
Thanks for waiting; I promise it will be worth the wait.